Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting the itch

So my 10 year class reunion will be next year--but I find myself wishing it was this year. I am tempted to just call everyone I know and plan some sort of a get-together this summer -after all, I only want to see my old friends anyway--who cares about the other 900 people that I barely knew:)
I ran across one of my old track coaches names online today and I couldn't help but wish I was back on the MRHS track team, practicing after school and having meets on Wednesday afternoons, Saturday practices (running with all the girls and talking about our dates on friday night), running no matter what-pouring rain or blistering heat, being a part of a team, having personal goals that were achievable that you could devote all your energy to and go for it. I don't have a scanner so I will have to settle for these snapshots of these photos. That's right -I was a rockstar :-) Regional Champion baby!

Hmmm...maybe I could round up my fellow runners and we could prepare for a 10k in honor of the 10 year reunion. Hmmmm...maybe a 5k would be fine...

(Let's be clear though--I don't wish I was back in High School...just back on the track team).

8 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Amber... I feel that way a lot. Don't miss high school, just miss playing soccer with all my girls. I have dreams about it all the time. You're not the only one. Anyway... we still need to get together. Give me a heads up when you're heading to Glendale. We'll meet up.

Kirsten Krason said...

I seem to remember wanting to run a 5k with you last spring. Somehow that never panned out. But you should totally do it. It would feel great. I know just what you are talking about with High School. I feel the same way about soccer sometimes.

Adah said...

My ten year is this summer and I am still trying to decide if I should go or not!! I agree that all I want to see is my old friends.

Natalie said...

You are silly. It will be weird to go to my ten year reunioun. You should take up running in your small town.

The Caple Crew said...

i feel the same about laying soccer

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Got your message about Coach Simon - that's awesome. I want to hear his news. We still have family in town, but I'll give you a call when they leave in a couple of days.

Erin said...

Love the old pics! Can't wait to see the blog makeover. Looking good so far!

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

Funny. I just want to eat lunch with the gang everyday....that's all! Wouldn't that be sweet! I miss the social aspect of HS, but NOTHING else. The reunion will be fun....I hope we all have enough "heads up" before time so I can get cute! It's always weird running into someone from HS, especially a coach! Crazy.