Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hula Girl :-)




For our video posting test -Rachel has a little message for all of her friends :-) (i just tried it and it isn't working on my computer-maybe the file is too big ? so let me know if you can watch it)















Public pool


We love Bowling!

Notice her excitement...and the ball hasn't even knocked any pins down yet...nor is it even close ;-)

Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks. One is a picture of one of the city's public pools. I remembered to take this as we were leaving-and the little tykes were not in the mood to pose-but I thought it would be fun to show anyway. Not only is there a little playground with slides, and all kinds of water sprinklers in the middle of the pool, but there are no memberships-you can just pay $1.00 to go for one day--and it is is open all summer -go figure:-) --(unlike some cities --which will remain nameless-that actually close the public pools for the summer). We went bowling last saturday--after Rach had spent all week setting up bunches of any toys that would stand up and rolling balls at them and yelling "STRIKE!" I felt bad, and decided she deserved some real bowling. Always a favorite activity-fun for the adults and the children--we highly recommend it. And the picture of Sam and I is compliments of Rach-as I decided it has been a while since we have posted anything with us in it. I did get my hair cut and highlights put in last week (not that you can notice them-they are pretty subtle). But I did like the stylist and so in a couple of months I may decide to let her put more in.

*side note* Thought you might all like to know that we recently set a record here in Phoenix for 34 days straight of temperatures above 110 degrees!! So-for all of you who have plans to come visit us...you can cross the month of august off of your list :-)


6 comments:

Liz said...

the video is sooo cute!! she's grown up a ton. what's the update on a house?????

Amber said...

Our offer was accepted-they are doing the inspection tomorrow-and as long as we get the loan approved, we will be closing on Sept. 28th !! :-) YAHOO!

Delise said...

Holy Cow!! Is she for real doing that or are you working some digital cinematic magic? That is truly impressive--and carrying on a conversation to boot. Wowsers! Go Rach!

Yay about the house! Woo woo!

Cherisa said...

We can absolutely see it! Rachel is just as adorable as when I last saw her. I didn't even know kids today would know what to do with a hula hoop! ;)

SandyKay said...

Oh my goodness--Rachel is a hula-hoop genius! Derek said, "I can't even hula hoop with 2 hoops." That's a lie: he can't hula-hoop with ONE hoop! Ava just watched the video 10 times in a row, and it apparently got funnier every time. She was chortling.

Can't wait to hear more about the house! YEA!

Delise said...

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for that awesome hula hoop that I liked. You are really good at that. I miss seeing you!

Love,
Maggie