Sunday, May 27, 2012

Life in my 20's

While I was hiking the Grand Canyon I got thinking about what I wanted to do next--what was going to be the next big exciting thing that I wanted to do?    Then I decided that before I jump to that--I should look back at all of the fun stuff and reminisce about the events I am most proud of, and all the ways my life has changed, here is what comes to mind:

Things I did in my 20's:
  1. Spent my 20th birthday as a newlywed  (that's right, I got married when I was 19)--that is shocking to me when I look back, but at the time I felt so mature and independent, I had been living with my roommates in my own apartment for a "whole year" already when I met Sam.  ha ha   But I wouldn't change a thing.
  2. Had a baby/Became a mom-- I spent my 21st birthday holding a one week old baby girl, and thinking she was the best present in the world.
  3. Moved to Boston, experienced a new life on the east coast, experienced winter, and a little bit of the other seasons :)
  4. Graduated from ASU with my bachelors degree, an interdisciplinary studies degree in business and Spanish...what did that prepare me to be?  not sure, but who cares--all I wanted was to be a mom.
  5. Bought our first house, and since then I have learned so much about what NOT to do, ha ha  Oh well :D
  6.  Lived on an Indian Reservation, talk about from one extreme to another, but we found things we loved about the small town, quiet life.
  7. Ran a half marathon
  8. Got accepted into pharmacy school
  9. Successfully completed my first year of pharmacy school
  10. Backpacked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon  (Backpacked is different than just hiking,  it is about 30 pounds different) :)
Places I  have been/Sites I have seen
  1. Boston
  2. Spent a day on a beach on Cape Cod
  3. Spent a day on Martha's Vineyard
  4. New York City--saw the Statue of Liberty, Time Square, the Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero, central Park
  5. Went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in NYC 
  6. Saw Niagara falls
  7. Took a road trip across the US
  8. Vacationed in Hawaii
  9. Traveled internationally....to Canada  (Victoria, British Columbia)
  10. Seattle, Washington--which means I have been to all four corners of the USA (SW, SE, NE, and finally NW)
Random facts about my 20's 
(that Rachel will enjoy hearing about later):
  1. Got my first cell phone
  2. got my first digital camera
  3. got my first laptop computer
  4. Took my first train ride

 And as for my list of what I hope to do in the next 10 years, here is the start of my list:
  • Graduate pharmacy school
  • Rent a beach house for at least a month on Martha's Vineyard, The cape, or any comparable beach to celebrate
  • Travel overseas 

4 comments:

TheCremerFamily said...

happy birthday hope it was a great day!!!! you have had 10 great years here is hoping for 10 even more amazing

Heidi said...

Wow! I haven't looked at blogs in ages! Love all the pics. A fun read as usual.

Justin said...

I thought about you several times on your birthday.. Love you friend.

Justin said...

That was from Nicole....not Justin because that would be weird..