So for those of you who couldn't make it to the reunion here is the recap.
It was at Dave and Busters--so it had the potential to be super fun...but wasn't.
It was supposed to go from 7-midnight, however by about 9:30 after we ate our meal everyone was done.
The people were fun, but the location was not.
The DJ was playing the top hits from 2000 at max volume so it was impossible to actually hear anyone talk. (I have to say I was embarassed at some of the songs we liked back in the day lol!)
So all the fun people suggested a change of location to a bar-
We bolted and went to the Blue Margarita at City North (very cool shopping area if you haven't been there before, it is just down the street from Desert Ridge).
Katie and I were planning to be out till midnight--so we weren't about to go home at 9:30. So we joined them at the bar and tried to fit in. We were dancing and having a blast and I was just hoping that the two married Mormon girls didn't look about as obvious as a where's Waldo picture.
I was so excited when someone found out I was mormon and said "I would have never guessed you were Mormon!" WAHOO! mission complete!
Mainly I didn't want to look like the boring, old married, mom. So it looks like I pulled it off :)
It was fun to see the people that were there, I only wish more people had come. Mainly I wish they had organized it a little differently so that it wasn't $100 a person so that more people could afford to go. Has anyone else had a decent reunion? Everyone just wants to see each other why do they always try to make it so complicated?
Oh well, Se la vi!
.jpg)









































3 comments:
It was great to see you at the reunion. I think it definitely had potential to be great, if more people would have shown up. After seeing what we got I have no idea why it was $100/person. Would the cost have been less if 300 people would have shown up? Pretty disappointed, but still glad I went. Glad you guys had fun at the bar. We stayed and played skeeball til 1am. The bar just isn't the same with my husband. Much more fun girls only :) Oh and the best reunion I've heard of is my dad's. He went to school in Hawaii. They hold HUGE reunion festivities every year. The class has some sort of dinner and drinks thing one night. This year my dad's class sponsored a golf tournament. The Saturday is a huge luau with the 5 year, 10 year, 15 year, 20 year... reunion classes (and the classes that are about to have their reunion prepare the food and day of organization) and they hold it on the campus. And Sunday each class holds a family picnic at either the beach or a park.
I want to hear all about it! who did you see? what was everyone's news etc. i saw mac in one of the background pics:)
Thanks for being my sober friend!!! It was so fun hanging out with you!! We really need to get together more often when you come into town. Thanks again!
Post a Comment