Add Alfredo sauce to the list of items that cannot be purchased in Chinle. Last night I really wanted to make pasta with alfredo sauce, so I was forced to make it from Scratch. Here is a recipe that I found and liked:
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions
1.Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.
7 years ago






































3 comments:
sounds so yummy - and so healthy:) not sure i wanted to know what was in alfredo sauce
yum! I love home-made alfredo sauce. the recipe I have is the Olive Garden recipe I found online but you have to use whipping cream and I never have that on hand. I'll have to try yours!
Hey Amber! Yikes it has been months since I have checked blogs or changed mine for that matter. I am excited to try your recipe. I like you book idea! Seriously! You had me hooked in your post. :) Glad I figured out how to get the leaf blower working and I'm glad that you were the guinea pig that broke yours first, cuz I totally would have tried to sucked up the leaves and got a rock stuck too. :) later.
Post a Comment