Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Sam was on call so we were stuck, I mean stayed here for the 4th. So I convinced my parents and one of my brothers to come spend the weekend on the res.


GOTCHA Trevor!! Yes--it is really far in the middle of nowhere..and there really is NOTHING here. (obviously he is not a devoted reader of my blog-because this is not a fact that I hide) :-)

We did have a BBQ--and here is Rachel insisting on preparing and serving everyone's food.


We did get to watch Rachel play some Tball (the highlight of the trip for the grandparents)


And we hung out a little bit at the canyon. Trevor enjoyed sitting on the edge and driving mom crazy (although she couldn't resist taking pictures while telling him to back off the edge) :-)


There was a pretty cool sunset.


We didn't hear about any official fireworks shows, but it turned out there were some somewhere, because we could see some from our back patio. After the spectacular show here, we went inside and watched the Boston Pops on the tv. :-)

2 comments:

Sara said...

wow... never seen so much grass in one of your posts before! glad you were able to detain some guests for the fourth.

Stephanie said...

The Boston Pops were great. I wished you could have been there with us! I'm glad you got to spend time with the family :)