Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A successful night at Young womens


So I planned a cake decorating class for wednesday night and I had a good turnout (6 YW and a mom, and about another 6 younger siblings) and they all want to do it again next week. So ..YAY to me! Anyone with tips for cake decorating is encouraged to contact me...because I really have no idea what I am doing, :-)

4 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Amber!
Good for you! This brought me back to "the day" when I used to teach cake decorating classes for my Merrie Miss Girls and their moms!
I think we also did it in Y.W. Great fun. If you were a little closer I would run a Cake Decorating Basics booklet over to you, but since Chinle is not on my route for errands I will send you a PDF file instead!

Lacie said...

Not bad for the first time. Fun fun glad you had a good turn out!

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

Hey there woman...you should totally give me a call! Making/decorating cakes have been my passion for the last year or so. It's all about practice, practice, and more practice. I have a lot of good tips for you though: Freeze cakes before decorating (no crumbs), check out cake sites for ideas...sometimes that's the hardest part (cakecentral.com, layers cakes-both links are on my page), get a GOOD buttercream recipe-I'm still looking for the perfect one, try different shaped cakes..or carve out a sheet cake into a design.... I have so many suggestions! Check back on my blog page and view all of my posts on cakes, it'll give you a few ideas. If you want to get adventurous, I have a cheap and easy way to make fondant if you wanted to try it! Let me know!!

Alyssa said...

I'm planning on doing that with my YW one of these days too--cute cake, sounds like y'all had fun! I would help ya out with the tips and such, but I'm a bit far away :(