So the first week of our official half-marathon training has gone pretty well..so far. I did buy a watch, but I went for the cheap one without GPS--and I regret it already--so I am going to buy one of those soon--maybe I can hold out for black thursday in the off chance that there will be a smoking deal. :)
I ran this morning with my friend Lisa and since I have a ghetto watch I rely on her to tell me how fast to go--today's run was supposed to be at an "easy" 10:30 pace (which for the record is not exactly "easy" for me--but doable. ) So I kept up with Lisa--but it sure seemed like I was breathing a lot harder than she was--so I had mixed feeling when I saw our spilts. My first thought was "Man, we could have slowed down a little" but I am also glad to see that it was faster than I thought, which makes me feel a little better about being so tired.
Our run this morning was 4 miles--and the temps dropped back down to 20 degrees so we were nice and bundled up again. (we have enjoyed slightly warmer temps the past few days--but it appears the cold front is back). But we did it--and that makes me happy : D
I am heading to Phoenix today for a quick trip to spend some time with my family--and the plan is to squeeze in my first 8 mile run while I am there. Running at a lower elevation and in non-freezing temps sounds GREAT right now!







































1 comment:
Did my first 8 miler on Saturday, sad I can't run with you.
Post a Comment