Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Thinking positive

Well Liz said that I needed to update my blog, I didn't realize it had been two weeks. Sorry :-) The reason for that is probably because I am trying to be positive...except for the last week or so, I haven't had anything positive to say. Let's just say that in all the ways I imagined my life after Sam graduated, not once did I think I would be :
  • standing in line at the department of economic security, practically begging for state health insurance
  • not having enough money to pay rent
  • wondering if we made the right decision to come to AZ

But for my positive note-I will say that:

  • I love my new job, the time flies while I am there and getting my paycheck does make me happy (even if it isn't enough to pay all our bills) :-)
  • I love that I get to look cute for Sam at least 3 days out of the week (i'm talkin' hair done, make-up on, showered AND shaved! -and yes-all in the same day! WOW!
  • I love having a reason to be up and out the door before 7am
  • I love the morning and evening weather, perfect for a peaceful walk around the block
  • I love being able to eat out for lunch a few days a week (I was always jealous that Sam had an excuse to eat out-and I was stuck eating PB&J)
  • I love being able to stop at fun shops in in ritzy part of Scottsdale on my lunch break :-)
  • I love having a break from being a mommy and being excited to see her when I get home
  • I love all the daddy-daughter bonding that is going on :-)
  • I love being tan
  • I am so excited that "So you think you can dance" is on again!

What do you know-my list of positives is longer than the negatives ...maybe this whole "thinking positive" is working more than I thought.

By the way-Jamie got to see my little brother Trevor on sunday -he is on a mission in her parents' stake in California, and I'm not sure why-but that makes me happy too:-)

3 comments:

Delise said...

Hang in there Amber! We're rooting for ya! *Way to go on the thinking positive bit...I'm usually too onery to really sit down and do that, I need to follow your example and make the list next time.

Missletoe said...

I hear you on the post grad blues... but things only get better from here.
My sister will be in a Ritzy shop in Scottsdale next week. She works for Lush. She was telling me about all of the fabulous shopping in Scottsdale, I had no idea!

Amber said...

Thnks missy-I decided I will take my camera to scottsdale on friday and get some good pictures-I would compare quite a few of the shopping areas to Newbury st.